The pupils at the school are offered a wide range of learning opportunities that take place off the school site.
These experiences are highly valued by the school as they help to:
• Reinforce areas of the taught curriculum
• Raise achievement by boosting self-esteem and motivation
• Develop key skills
• Develop social education and citizenship
• Promote awareness of the environment and sustainability
• Promote health and fitness
• Allow participation in activities not possible in school
• Raise awareness of health and safety
Every pupil in the school has the opportunity to take part in both day and residential visits and experiences. There are several visits abroad each year to help develop language skills and cultural awareness with recent visits being to France; Spain, Italy and Morocco. An expedition to Costa Rica will take place in the summer of 2013.
All subject areas are encouraged to promote visits to reinforce and supplement the curriculum and examples of recent visits have been to London for Art and Design; Coca Cola and Cadbury's for Business Studies, a printing company for Graphics; Drax Power Station for Science and Hadrian’s Wall for Latin and Classics.